The purpose of the Church Finance
Committee is to assume total responsibility for the finances of the Congregation. This shall include developing and monitoring
a church budget/ financial recording and reporting, disbursement, investment planning, and auditing of records. The Church
Finance Committee shall consist of at least five persons including a chairperson, council liaison, financial secretary, treasurer,
member for budget, and member for audit. Committee shall study and review parish finances and assist the vestry in the management
and disposition of parish resources, the acquisition of funds for parish needs, and the meeting of parish financial responsibilities,
and making periodic reports of the same to the vestry. The committee at St. John's meets quarterly or as necessary
to fulfill the statement of purpose. Some responsibilities include: 1. Budget - annual preparation, 2. Receipts and disbursements
of funds, 3. Financial recording and reporting of member giving.
The Church Finance Committee shall consist of at least five persons including a chairperson, council liaison, financial
secretary, treasurer, member for budget, and member for audit. This committee will meet quarterly or as necessary to fulfill
the statement of purpose.
1. Budget - annual preparation
Receipts and disbursements of funds
3. Financial recording and reporting of member giving
a. Recruit, train and
schedule offering counters.
b. Provide quarterly and annual personal finance statements via the financial secretary
4. Audit committee - recruit members and ensure audit is completed in a timely manner. The audit
committee will consist of 3 members, one member rotating annually. Financial records will be audited annually or more often
if deemed necessary by this committee of the church council.
5. Investment of church funds
6. Insurance - review and maintain policies and be point of contact
for insurance representatives.
7. Record non-solicited gifts
8. Monitor the financial health of the congregation-
prepare and distribute reports as needed.
9. Annually evaluate the work of this committee and its job description and
make necessary changes
10. Provide for professional growth through conferences, conventions, and continuing education
Provide an annual report to the congregation at the May annual meeting
The Church Finance Committee works in close cooperation with the Stewardship Committee as well as all
committees for budget planning and input. This committee reports to and is accountable to the church council.